Expand\collapse feature greyed for all versions of the Deleted Items folder (Outlook (2010 - 2016) RRS feed

• Question

• We have an employee who would like the expand\collapse feature enabled for his Deleted Items, it is greyed out. It is enabled and working for all other folders. He says this feature worked at his former place of employment. This looks to be by design as I've even checked with people from other companies and the only place it is greyed out for them is Deleted Items as well. I've found nothing on the internet about this specific "issue". I've checked on Outlook 2010\2013\2016 for multiple people, and as I've already said confirmed with someone from another company. So, is it not possible to enable this for Deleted Items?

Jason

Thursday, April 30, 2020 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

I tested in my enviroment and can reproduce your issue. The Expand\collapse feature greyed in Deleted Items folder and I'm afraid this is by design.

In this situation, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum(For all versions). I will also submit feedback for you internally。

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 1, 2020 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

I tested in my enviroment and can reproduce your issue. The Expand\collapse feature greyed in Deleted Items folder and I'm afraid this is by design.

In this situation, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum(For all versions). I will also submit feedback for you internally。

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 1, 2020 2:49 AM
  • It is only available when you have configured your View to "Show in Groups" as otherwise there is nothing to expand/collapse.

View-> dropdown icon of the Arrangement Gallery-> Show in Groups

It will then group your View based on the chosen Arrangement.

You can also do it via;
    View-> View Settings-> Group By...-> enable the option "Automatically group according to arrangement" or by selecting a field to group your items by.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Friday, May 1, 2020 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Monday, May 4, 2020 8:43 AM