none
Why doesn't my music stay in my windows media player library?

Question

• Every time I turn off windows media player and open it back up the music disappeared. It doesn't auto scan the folder. I have to take out a file and put it back in to get it to re-add it, then it adds everything else again. This is really annoying.
    • Edited by Str8Up2Ya Sunday, March 27, 2016 5:45 AM
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 5:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Str8Up2Ya,

First I want to confirm with you that you can’t see the music playing now or the playlist. If we couldn’t see the music playing now, it’s normally and as designed. But for the other one we couldn’t see the playlist. I suggest you reset the Windows Media Player database to check the issue.

Clear the Windows Media Player database

1. Close Windows Media Player.

2. Press Win + R to open Run, copy "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Media Player" (without the quotation marks) to the Open box and press Enter.

3. In the Media Player folder, delete all of the files.

Note that it is not necessary to remove the folders that are also in this folder.

4. Restart Windows Media Player.

At this point Windows Media Player will automatically rebuild the database.

If it does not work, I also suggest you create a new user account or reinstall the Media Player to test the issue to check if the original one is corrupted.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 28, 2016 12:00 PM