none
"the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" RRS feed

• Question

• please help me as i'm beginner

when i try to run SiftMotionFFmpeg.exe file from windows command line give me the following error: 
    "the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

as i follow all steps that he told me as follow:
    1.extract SiftMotionFFmpeg.zip 
    2. copy all dll files into your c:\windows\system32 folder
    3. if your computer does not have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime installed, install vcredist.exe

HOW_TO_USE

Make sure all the DLLs are in the current directory (or on the path). 
    From the windows command line run:
    SiftMotionFFmpeg.exe videoInputFileName featureOutputFileName [options]

please help me as i want to run this mosift descriptor
    • Moved by Rob Pan Monday, August 1, 2011 8:31 AM off-topic (From:Visual C++ General)
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:25 PM

All replies

• Well, install the VC++ Redistributable. It isn't that hard to find.

But this isn't the place to ask, you should have asked at the siftmotionffmpeg support forums or whatever they used.

This is a signature

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.
    Visit my (not very good) blog at
    http://ccprogramming.wordpress.com/
    Friday, July 22, 2011 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description and Sheng's suggestion ,it seems that your thread is not about C++ devepolment. So I will move it to the Off-Topic forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regads,

Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 1, 2011 8:30 AM