none
Adjusting Task after the fact. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was presented with 2 tasks on a schedule with a CV and SV of negative values, and the client said they should be zero. I googled the issue, found a fix, and ran it and it seemed to work. 

• I changed the % Complete from 100% back to 0%
    • I set a new baseline.
    • I went into File --> Options --> Advanced and changed the Baseline for Earned Value Calculation to the one I just created and hit OK. 
    • I then changed the % Complete back to 100% and it seemed to resolve the issue. 

I presented the schedule to the PM, and they were satisfied with the results. 

However, I told the PMO Manager what I did and they told me that I can't be the one to do baselines and that the user should never be entering 100% Complete, they should be entering actuals. In this case, it was actually an actual cost (Vendor payment) and not hours worked. 

I am not really big on the EVA in MS Project. I went in and set the % Complete to 0%, and was hoping to just enter Actual Cost, equal to the cost, but it wouldn't let me enter Actual Cost. Any help on how to fix these 2 tasks the way the PMO Manager wants them fixed would be most helpful!! 

Thanks, Ray 

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:35 PM