Remote Desktop Session has Ended RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a group of machines running Windows XP and this has enabled RDP feature. I enter the hostname/ip which (console remote desktop connection), I enter my user and password, the desktop is loaded but quickly (think less than 2s) the connection drops with the message "The service session desktop remote has ended. Another user connected to the remote computer, hence his connection was lost ". The problem is that there is another user who has logged in and it occurs in other XP machines, but it does not happen in Windows 7, Windows 2003 and 2008 servers.

My attempts:

- Windows Firewall off
    - The problema also happens with user local administrator
    - Put these station on a OU without GPO applied.
    - There is no other user using the computer, because she is dedicated to testing.

The message that is displayed.

In the event viewer there are no errors related to this problem. Any suggestion?

**Sorry, my english is terrible. My native language is portuguese**

Denis Leal

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The problem was a conflict between the RDP and VNC client. I uninstalled VNC connection and could do with RDP successfully.

Denis Leal

• Marked as answer by Denis Leal Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:53 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:53 PM

All replies

• This behavior is by design. Windows XP remote desktop is intended to give users the possibility to log in remotely to their own computer, not to run multiple sessions at once.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280828

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

• Edited by SenneVL Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:13 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:11 PM
  • But there is only one connected user. Locally the computer is at the logon screen.

Denis Leal

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

The problem was a conflict between the RDP and VNC client. I uninstalled VNC connection and could do with RDP successfully.

Denis Leal

• Marked as answer by Denis Leal Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:53 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:53 PM