none
remove notification message RRS feed

• Question

• hello

i have setup message approval moderation

if i decline  or if i delete message, a message is sent

but 99% of those message which need approval are fake, virus, so domain email does not exist...

and those expiration message are stucked in smtp

i would like to remove notification

thx

Monday, May 30, 2016 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So you want to remove messages which are stuck in queue, right?

If yes, refer to this document to remove messages from queue.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123535%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:31 AM
  • thx for your answer :

my question is : how to remove expired notification message, if a message is not approval or decline by a moderator to avoid those message will be stucked in queue ( queue in an external SMTP )

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:52 AM
  • Hi,

What's the last error of messages stucked in queue?

Meanwhile please post the result of following command.

Get-DistributionGroup groupname | fl *notification*

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 8:40 AM
  • dont know groupname, but

Get-DistributionGroup  | fl *notification*

answer :

SendModerationNotifications : Always

some log : 

(connect to static.vnpt.vn[203.162.0.78]:25: Connection refused)

McphersonAshley23@static.vnpt.vn

(connect to alshamil.net.ae[86.96.206.77]:25: Connection refused)

LangstrethTilly0712@alshamil.net.ae

(connect to airtelbroadband.in[125.19.17.20]:25: No route to host)

HesterEricka75011@airtelbroadband.in

(delivery temporarily suspended: connect to airtelbroadband.in[125.19.17.20]:25: No route to host)

PageLaurie17@airtelbroadband.in

(connect to airtelbroadband.in[125.19.17.20]:25: No route to host)

MccarthyRalph56016@airtelbroadband.in

(connect to pichincha.andinanet.net[200.107.10.110]:25: Connection timed out)

Blowe-millerKyra625@pichincha.andinanet.net

(connect to fixed-189-239-187-189-239-75.iusacell.net[187.189.239.75]:25: Connection timed out)

RiversTherese56634@fixed-189-239-187-189-239-75.iusacell.net

(connect to dentexia.net[88.191.249.182]:25: Connection timed out)

contact@dentexia.net

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

According to the last error, seems that exchange server can't connect to those recipients.

So I suggest to configure the SendModerationNotifications to Internal, then only senders in your organization will receive the notification if their messages aren't approved.

By the way, consider to enable antispam functionality on Mailbox servers to prevent some spam messages.

Best Regards.

Lynn-Li

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:48 AM
  • thx

what is the command line to set SendModerationNotifications internal ? :)

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Sorry, I forget to mention.

Set-DistributionGroup GroupName -SendModerationNotifications Internal

Best Regards.

Lynn-Li

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:58 AM
  • i have done your suggestion, now

i have SendModerationNotifications : Internal

i have tried to send a message, but i have received declined message :/

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 9:16 AM
  • an other idea ?
    Monday, June 6, 2016 7:48 AM
  • an other idea ?
    Monday, June 20, 2016 7:30 AM