none
MDT2013 use existing hostname for client RRS feed

• Question

• I'm deploying Windows 10 clients using MDT2013 all is working apart from clients are  being assigned new hostnames.

I would like to use the existing hostname which is in AD and then use that name to Join the Domain

Friday, April 8, 2016 10:54 AM

Answers

• Also, in addition to the logs, how are you starting the MDT script??  Inside Windows or through Windows PE?  I believe in a refresh scenario, MDT keeps the computer name 
    • Marked as answer by K.Singh Saturday, April 9, 2016 5:48 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2016 7:53 PM

All replies

• Can you post logs? 

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Friday, April 8, 2016 5:29 PM
  • Also, in addition to the logs, how are you starting the MDT script??  Inside Windows or through Windows PE?  I believe in a refresh scenario, MDT keeps the computer name 
    • Marked as answer by K.Singh Saturday, April 9, 2016 5:48 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2016 7:53 PM
    What Q is saying is true.  You can't really change the name during an upgrade or refresh.

There is lots of useful information in the FAQ. Look there first.

Friday, April 8, 2016 8:00 PM