BUG - crtl-z does not undo actions done within messages RRS feed

• Question

• crtl-z or Undo only works on actions done from within the main outlook window. For example, if messages are moved or deleted from within a message window and I return to the main window (with inbox, folders, etc.) undo does not work. This has been an issue since at least office 2010.

This seems like a design oversight.  Does anyone know of a fix or if Microsoft is working on it? Please let me know if further clarification is needed.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When I tested here, I open the message and then click Delete. After that I go to the main Window and click Ctrl + Z. I’ll get following error. Is this the case for you?

If I directly delete the message in the list, I can redo the operation via Ctrl + Z.

As this situation can be reproduced on Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013, I’m afraid this is by design.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, August 30, 2018 3:24 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, September 3, 2018 1:16 AM
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 3:22 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked the information above? Is this the case for you?

Just check whether my reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 31, 2018 1:22 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful.

If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, September 3, 2018 7:32 AM