none
View resources in hours not percentage RRS feed

• Question

• I had assigned resources to tasks in MP gantt chart and I would like to see them in hours per resource, not percentages. I know that I can see hours in Resource Usage chart, but maybe there is also some way to change its view in the gantt chart? Thank you for any help :)

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:07 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately it is not possible. You can only change it to decimal, ie displaying 'Resource1[0.1]'. I don't think it can be configured neither with a custom field and a formula since it is at assignment level and you can only choose task related fields to display near the bars.

A workaround would be to use the task usage view (but without the Gantt chart) or to keep 1 assignment per task so you can use the work field as suggested.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Double click in the Gantt chart to open the "bar styles" dialog box. Select the normal task and click on the "text" tab. then select to display the work in the right/left/top/bottom part on the bar.

Hope this helps,

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for answering. I've already done it and then it shows as: 'Resource1[10%];Resource2[20%]' and so on. I would like to see the hours, not percetanges, so it will be for example: 'Resource1[8h];Resource2[16h]'.

Is that possible?

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:28 AM
  • Unfortunately it is not possible. You can only change it to decimal, ie displaying 'Resource1[0.1]'. I don't think it can be configured neither with a custom field and a formula since it is at assignment level and you can only choose task related fields to display near the bars.

A workaround would be to use the task usage view (but without the Gantt chart) or to keep 1 assignment per task so you can use the work field as suggested.

Hope this helps,

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:41 AM
  • Ok, thank you very much :). I thought it might be impossible since hours can be seen in Resources usage (as you said), I just wanted to make sure.
    Friday, January 29, 2016 10:46 AM
  • You're more than welcome!

Hope this helps,

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:51 AM