Pls help urgent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have restored a back up of our sharepoint site, and now when i try and deploy dashboards into the same repository, i am unable to see the dashboards.

It gives a page not found error.

Can someone help me pls?

Friday, November 7, 2008 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Pratima,

I believe the SharePoint itself having issues, my understanding the site where Dashboard published is not even coming up.  To answer to Question 3, please take a look into this thread http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4099042&SiteID=17

I am not a SharePoint expert, but when you restore from backup whether SharePoint Product and Technologies  wizard to be rerun.  Can you search MSDN on this topic?

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Friday, November 7, 2008 5:04 PM

All replies

• Pratima,

Have you reinstalled Dashboard Viewer for Sharepoint Services to the restored site? 

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Friday, November 7, 2008 3:16 PM
  • Hi Pratima,

Please check the following

1. The issue sounds like either you may need to reinstall Dashboard Viewer for SharePoint Services or AppPool user is not having access to the Monitoring Database
    2. Central Administration | Opertions | Solutions Management | pscwebparts.cab - Deployment status and Deployed to URL.  If the status is deployed then try the the URL see it comes up.
    3. Make sure PPSMonitoringWebService Application Pool user is site collection administrator for the site
    4. Try deploying a sample dashboard from Dashboard Designer to confirm permissions.

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Friday, November 7, 2008 3:24 PM
  • Hi sundar,

1) The pcswebpart is deployed successfully.

2) The problem does not arise during deployement. We are able to deploy deom the designer. But when the page opens up, it gives a "Page not found" error.

3) Also, i tried uninstalling PPM, but that is also throwing an error.

Friday, November 7, 2008 4:42 PM
  • Hi Pratima,

I believe the SharePoint itself having issues, my understanding the site where Dashboard published is not even coming up.  To answer to Question 3, please take a look into this thread http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4099042&SiteID=17

I am not a SharePoint expert, but when you restore from backup whether SharePoint Product and Technologies  wizard to be rerun.  Can you search MSDN on this topic?

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Friday, November 7, 2008 5:04 PM