none
wifi adapter keep disconnecting when connected to wifi RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Ryan zxkev,

What is the network status("X" icon or "!" icon)?

To make a device work well, we should get a compatible driver. Please try to download the latest Windows 8.1 compatible driver for the new network adapter from the device manufacturer website.

I noticed you "Add" not replace the network adapter. Please disable the previous network adapter from the device manager if you are using two network adapter.
    For the network issue, the built-in troubleshoot tool is usually useful.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Network adapter

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 7:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please try the steps mentioned here and see if they helps you:

http://www.kapilarya.com/the-default-gateway-is-not-available

Please create a System Restore point before proceeding.

Let us know if this helps, Good luck :)

Windows Troubleshooting & How to guides - http://www.kapilarya.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:28 AM
  • Hi Ryan zxkev,

What is the network status("X" icon or "!" icon)?

To make a device work well, we should get a compatible driver. Please try to download the latest Windows 8.1 compatible driver for the new network adapter from the device manufacturer website.

I noticed you "Add" not replace the network adapter. Please disable the previous network adapter from the device manager if you are using two network adapter.
    For the network issue, the built-in troubleshoot tool is usually useful.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Network adapter

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 7:37 AM