problem windows media player RRS feed

• Question

• when i try to extract cd audio with media player windows 10 i get the following msg "Le Lecteur Windows Media ne peut pas extraire une ou plusieurs pistes du CD." 

"the wmp reader canot extract one or more tracks from the the CD"

I don't find a solution on the net I hope you can help me.

Thanks

• Moved by BoPtz Friday, April 1, 2016 6:13 PM English thread
    Friday, April 1, 2016 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From our experience, the error message you received should be “Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD”. This error can be caused by multiple reasons.

1.Ripping to MP3 at low of quality.

2.Music library may be corrupt.

3.CD itself exists trouble.

I find out a link talks about this error, let’s try its solution to see if can fix problem.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000974.htm

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:23 AM

All replies

• Does this happen on a particular CD, have you tried multiple CD's to see if the problem is consistent? What are you trying to extract (guess that is rip?)
    Saturday, April 2, 2016 12:07 AM
  • There may be a number of reasons behind this problem.

Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check, if the issue persists.

Follow these steps, to run the troubleshooter:
    a.      Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.
    b.       Now select Programs in the search option.
    c.      Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings to run the troubleshooter.

Uninstall and re-install Windows Media Player and then check, if this fixes the issue.

Let's try to follow these steps below:

a.      Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    b.       Expand “Media Features” option.
    c.      Un-check “Media Player”.
    d.      Restart the computer.

Follow these steps to re-install Windows Media Player:

a.      Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    b.       Expand “Media Features” option.
    c.      Make a check mark next to “Media Player”.
    d.      Restart the computer.

Let's refer to the link below:
    Burn and rip CDs:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/rip-burn
    Note: applies to Windows 10.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Saturday, April 2, 2016 1:45 AM
  • Hi,

From our experience, the error message you received should be “Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD”. This error can be caused by multiple reasons.

1.Ripping to MP3 at low of quality.

2.Music library may be corrupt.

3.CD itself exists trouble.

I find out a link talks about this error, let’s try its solution to see if can fix problem.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000974.htm

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:23 AM