explorer dies & restarting RRS feed

• Question

• hai,

i have a windows 7 ent installed... i am using my mobile fones to connect internet throug 3G. for checking & educational purposes i tried different mobile fones.. but nowwhen v open MY computer it will list all the mobile fones in the OTHER group. i deleted all the modems installed & now i only having my only 1 nokia E7 modem... But the freak thing is that whenever i right click in any of the fone names listed in my computer the explorer restarts.. No error message is there.. it will simply restart.. How can v delete that unwanted fones listed in my computer....

regards, fazil [please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Monday, October 10, 2011 7:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

almost every mobile phone platform or brand has it's own software for managing/synchronizing it's devices. Let's check add/remove programs for these tools of unused mobile phone vendors and uninstall everything you do no longer use.

Some of them adds active x, some of them replaces some drivers, some of them integrates to OS in other way...

Let me know then.

M.

------- Michal Stoppl MCP, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCT Please always use Mark as answer if you are satisfied with provided solution.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:21 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

almost every mobile phone platform or brand has it's own software for managing/synchronizing it's devices. Let's check add/remove programs for these tools of unused mobile phone vendors and uninstall everything you do no longer use.

Some of them adds active x, some of them replaces some drivers, some of them integrates to OS in other way...

Let me know then.

M.

------- Michal Stoppl MCP, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCT Please always use Mark as answer if you are satisfied with provided solution.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:21 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 11:28 AM
  • hai Michal,

i am not talking about that pc suites & all  BOSS....i will do 1 thing i will take the screen shot of the issue & post it so u can check it out.. actually i removed all the pc suites exept that my nokia fone which i am using to conenct 3g net

Best Regards, fazil ------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to click this as marked as helpful if u find it useful.. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:18 AM
  • Hi

OK, waiting for the screenshot. Thanks

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:27 AM