none
GPO - scheduled task Windows 2012 R2

Question

• hi all,

Our AD is running on Windows 2008 and 2008R2 servers.

I am trying to push a GPO to Windows 2012 R2 to schedule a task. Basically the GPO copies a batch file from sysvol (works fine), then setup a schedule task to run the file and install a Check_mk agent.

This GPO works fine on Windows 2008 and 2008R2 virtual machines, but it fails to schedule the task on 2012 R2 servers.

GPresults show that the GPO has been applied, but I cannot find the scheduled task (even running tasksch with elevated privileges).

Wondering whether anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 02, 2015 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Have you checked the below while creating a task?

1. In the New Task (At least Windows 7) Properties dialog box, if running Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8, (or New Task (Windows Vista and later) Properties dialog box, if running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7), select an Action for Group Policy to perform. (For more information, see Task actions in this topic.)

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Thursday, April 02, 2015 1:52 PM
  • Hi Frank

Apologies for this late reply.....After lots of testing/research the way I solved the issue was to assign the task as user SYSTEM. By doing that I was able to push the GPO and schedule task on 2003, 2008 and 2012 servers.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by redbaron51 Monday, April 27, 2015 7:48 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you checked the below while creating a task?

1. In the New Task (At least Windows 7) Properties dialog box, if running Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8, (or New Task (Windows Vista and later) Properties dialog box, if running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7), select an Action for Group Policy to perform. (For more information, see Task actions in this topic.)

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Thursday, April 02, 2015 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

It's been a while. How is it going? Did we follow the suggestions provided by Devaraj to check the issue? If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 8:05 AM
  • Hi Frank

Apologies for this late reply.....After lots of testing/research the way I solved the issue was to assign the task as user SYSTEM. By doing that I was able to push the GPO and schedule task on 2003, 2008 and 2012 servers.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by redbaron51 Monday, April 27, 2015 7:48 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 7:48 AM