none
Unable to get DPM2010 agent to talk to server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have a server which is located in the same domain as the DPM 2010 server I am trying to attach it to. When I use the "setdpmserver -dpmsrvername dpm01" I get the following error

Configuring dpm server settings and firewall settings for dpm server =[dpm01]
    Configuring dpm server settings and firewall settings for dpm server =[domain\DPM01]
    SetDpmServer failed with errorcode =0x800706fd, error says: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.
    To further troubleshoot failures with SetDpmServer, go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169142

To get around this I have tried "SetDpmServer -dpmservername dpm -isnondomainserver -username temp_bk" Which works on the agent side but when I attempt to attach the agent to the server I get the following message

Attach protected computer server1 failed:
    Error 32680: The credentials specified for server hv-temp are invalid.
    Recommended action: Rerun the operation with the same credentials that were provided when running SetDpmServer for the target server.

I am typing the same password in on both servers. Does anyone know of a solution for this issue.

Thanks in Advanced

Stephen

Monday, January 31, 2011 11:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Jeremy

It is part of the same domain as dpm01 but they seems to be a trust issue between the server with the agent on and the primary domain. I was hoping that I could start a isnondomain backup until I can get this trust issue resolved. At the moment the only way I will be able to solve this is to remove the server with the agent on from the domain and re-add it. that will solve the trust issue and mean I can attach the server using domain credentals.

Regards

Stephen

Monday, January 31, 2011 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

is the server you are trying to protect part of the AD?

If not you should use the -isnondomainserver and -username switches and then specify a local account that will be created on the protected server.

Then on the DPM Server when you try to attach you should specify that you are using a local account.

Monday, January 31, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Hi Jeremy

It is part of the same domain as dpm01 but they seems to be a trust issue between the server with the agent on and the primary domain. I was hoping that I could start a isnondomain backup until I can get this trust issue resolved. At the moment the only way I will be able to solve this is to remove the server with the agent on from the domain and re-add it. that will solve the trust issue and mean I can attach the server using domain credentals.

Regards

Stephen

Monday, January 31, 2011 2:58 PM