Email stored on Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have Outlook 365. M provider is Earthlink. My problem is I cannot find a switch I used to have in Outlook.  I do not wish to leave emails on the Earthlink server, but the old switch that removed my email once downloaded is gone.  The closest I find is in my preferences.  But that switch can only help me by leaving 30 days of mail on the server.

How can I set outlook to remove emails from the server once downloaded to my laptop?

OJ King

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi OJ King,

What's your account type? This option is only available for POP account. To see the account type, please go to File > Account settings > Account settings.

I’ve noticed that you mentioned “preferences”. Are you using Outlook 2016 for Mac? To check the account type on Outlook for Mac, you can go to Tools > Accounts. Check the Incoming Server. If imap is included, it is using IMAP protocol.

If this is your case, please remove and then re-add your account to Outlook as a POP account. Please refer to the settings for Earthlink in this article. Use the drop-down box to select Earthlink.

One more reference: Add an email account to Outlook

For Outlook for Mac, you can type a different domain and then click Next. Select “Choose the provider” to manually configure a POP account.

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, November 12, 2018 5:27 AM
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:25 AM
  • Thanks--sorry to be so thick.

OJ King

OJ King

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 4, 2018 7:04 AM
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:29 AM
  • You are welcome. You can try the suggestion above. If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

If it works for you, you can mark it as answer so that it will also benefit other forum members a lot.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:03 AM
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Hi OJ King,

Does the suggestion above work for you?

If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

thank you for your support.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:12 AM