Document Library with XSLT View RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Right now I have a document library with about 40 views created (it is going be about 200 views total).  The problem I am running into is that I am having to use compound filtering for the views.  It is my understanding that this is not possible with regular data views and I need to create a XSLT view. 

What is the best way to go about this?  Is it anyway I can do this without recreating all of my views I already created?  Is it possible to have 200 XSLT views based on the same document library?

I have tried to play with XSLT (by right clicking -- converting to XSLT view in SPD) with a test site I have but so far have 2 problems.

1. When I converted to the XSLT view it changed the color theme on the document library making it look different than anything else on the site.

2. Sometimes I received this error message -- "The server returned a non-specific error when trying to get data from the data source. Check the format and content of your query and try again. If the problem persists, contact the server administrator"

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:45 PM

Answers

All replies