one drive data erased RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. My name is Atiya Memon. I am contacting this center because i have just noticed alll my old files have been deleted from my one drive account. I dont know how all my data has been deleted from my account please help me recover my one drives files. 

Atiya Memon 
    +91***********

******@hotmail.com

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you tell me which version of OneDrive you are using? OneDrive for Business? If you are an Office 365 Business subscriber, you can even restore your entire OneDrive if something goes wrong.

If you accidentally delete a file or folder in OneDrive, you may be able to recover it later from the OneDrive recycle bin. If you need to restore a SharePoint file or folder, see how to restore items from the SharePoint recycle bin. For more information, please read Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive.

Tips: When a user is deleted in the Office 365 admin center (or when a user is removed through Active Directory synchronization), the user's OneDrive will be retained for the number of days you specify in the OneDrive admin center. (For info, see Set the default file retention for deleted OneDrive users.) The default is 30 days. During this time, shared content can still be accessed by other users. At the end of the time, the OneDrive will be in a deleted state for 93 days and can only be restored by a global or SharePoint admin.

Based on your description, I know that you are getting the OneDrive issue. To better resolve the issue, I advise you to post your issue at Microsoft Community for help, you may get more appropriate advice according to your scenario.

If you have any question about Office, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:02 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here? Have you solved the problem? Is my answer helpful to you?

I'm looking forward to your response. If you have any additions, or update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:00 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time.Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.Please help us close the thread.

Thank you for understanding! If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let me know.
    I wish you a happy life!

Herb Gu

Microsoft Team

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:12 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here? Have you solved the problem? Is my answer helpful to you?

I'm looking forward to your response. If you have any additions, or update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Microsoft Team

Monday, August 27, 2018 10:23 AM