Sharepoint Dashboard Requirements RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for direction as far as using Sharepoint as a dashboard for a centralized data arena for our Operations Department.
    The dashboard / site would be able to create graphs and return specifics on metrics captured by Sql Server 2005
    Started researching in regards to seeing what resources, version, and learning curve are required to make achieve the following below.

Right now our company only has the free version of Sharepoint WSS 3.0 I believe. (Awaiting the specifications of current build to share)

My inquires are concerning that what is needed for the following:

1). Need to be able to pull data out of datasource (SQL Server 2005) into Sharepoint and display to dashboard. (WebParts) 
    2). Buttons forms etc... would need to be created for the UI of the Sharepoint site.

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance... 

Jonathan

Jonathan
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 12, 2011 8:15 AM There is no product called WSS 2007 - changed to the correct WSS 3.0
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 12, 2011 8:15 AM "looking for direction" = General forum (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, March 11, 2011 8:07 PM

Answers

All replies