1703 Install Status Incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• We've been deploying the Win 10 Creators update with WSUS on Server 2016 which seems to be going OK but the status in the MMC as well as Update Reports are not correct. If I view the "Installed" column it always displays 0 even though we have many installed. If I look at Update Reports the PC's that got the update show "Not Applicable" even though they just updated using WSUS 1 week ago.

All other updates ie 1607 cumulative, Win 7 etc show the Installed field correctly.

I am wondering if the update to 1703 has broken the WSUS reporting functionality. Has anyone else run into this?

Monday, May 1, 2017 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi mtnman1000,

Thanks for your feedback, I checked on my WSUS server and got the same result with you. I have a test computer upgrade to win10 1703 successfully, while it also shows "Installed Count" as "0":

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mtnman1000 Saturday, May 6, 2017 1:27 PM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi mtnman1000,

>If I view the "Installed" column it always displays 0 even though we have many installed.

Could you show us the screenshot of the view, do you mean here, the one with IP address "192.168.2.64" is the win10 1703 upgrade from 1607 via WSUS server:

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:30 AM
  • I am looking at the All Updates view in my original post. As seen below the Installed Count shows 0 but approximately 20 have actually downloaded, installed and restarted. If I look at the status report the PC's that got the update OK show Not Applicable. There were 5 that failed which I will have to look at later.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 11:00 AM
  • Hi mtnman1000,

Thanks for your feedback, I checked on my WSUS server and got the same result with you. I have a test computer upgrade to win10 1703 successfully, while it also shows "Installed Count" as "0":

Best Regards,

Anne

• Marked as answer by mtnman1000 Saturday, May 6, 2017 1:27 PM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:55 AM
  • Thanks for taking a look at your system Anne. That is pretty odd that the 1703 update/upgrade is the only one that has this issue, at least for us. Sure not very helpful but at least the status report shows the machines still waiting to install.
    Saturday, May 6, 2017 1:30 PM
  • Hi,

having the same problem. The 1703 upgrade provided by WSUS was successfully installed. The status of the client at the WSUS server wasn't updated since then

and further updates can't be downloaded from the WSUS:

I assume, that there are some major (not minor) problems with that. All known troubleshooting tipps I found on the internet had no success. Very frustrating :-(

Regards,

Hans

Hans Herrgott

• Edited by H. Herrgott Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:28 PM added screenshots
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:25 PM
  • Anyone found any solutions?  I'm having the same issues however within SCCM.  I too am getting the 0x8024000D error when trying to retreive updates from within SCCM on my 1703 clients.  Also the update is not reporting as having been installed when obviously I know it has.
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:21 PM