Setting up Outlook Anywhere for Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup Outlook Anywhere on our Exchange 2007 server by following this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123889%28d=printer,v=exchg.80%29.aspx

I also purchased an SSL cert for this server and it's setup in IIS.  We also have a public DNS record created.  We are allowing port 443 to our Exchange server and we see traffic pass the firewall to the server, but we aren't able to connect to Outlook Anywhere.  It says "The name cannot be resolved.  The connection to the Microsoft Exchange us unavailable,  Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:14 PM

Answers

• I was able to get this issued reolved, but now our internal MAPI clients are receiving Security Alerts saying "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site."

Hi,

Please refer to the following article to troubleshoot the issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940726/en-us

This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:

1.You replace the default self-signed Exchange Server 2007 certificate or Exchange Server 2010 certificate with a different certificate.
    2.The common name on the replacement certificate does not match the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the URL that is stored in the following objects:
    • The Service Connection Point object for the Autodiscover service 
    • The InternalUrl attribute of Exchange 2007 Web Service (EWS)  
    • The InternalUrl attribute of the Offline Address Book Web service 
    • The InternalUrl attribute of the Exchange unified messaging (UM) Web service

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Niko.Cheng Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by DJoherl Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:23 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Test the connectivity with www.exrca.com and see the issue 

Regards from ExchangeOnline.in|Windows Administrator Area | Skype:manuphilip@outlook.com

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:25 PM
  • I was able to get this issued reolved, but now our internal MAPI clients are receiving Security Alerts saying "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site."
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:29 PM
  • Do a Get-OutlookAnywhere|FL command and see if all URLs match your Cert Name. If not change them using the Set-OutlookAnywhere command.

-http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124263(v=exchg.150).aspx-

• Edited by Mark Morant Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:45 PM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:45 PM

Hi,

Please refer to the following article to troubleshoot the issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940726/en-us

This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:

1.You replace the default self-signed Exchange Server 2007 certificate or Exchange Server 2010 certificate with a different certificate.
    2.The common name on the replacement certificate does not match the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the URL that is stored in the following objects:
    • The Service Connection Point object for the Autodiscover service 
    • The InternalUrl attribute of Exchange 2007 Web Service (EWS)  
    • The InternalUrl attribute of the Offline Address Book Web service 
    • The InternalUrl attribute of the Exchange unified messaging (UM) Web service

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Niko.Cheng Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by DJoherl Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:23 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:02 AM
  • Great article!  That fixed my issues. Thanks!
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:23 PM