Showing Cumulative CPU consumption for specific process RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I know how to use Perfmon to show CPU Time counter for a given process, question is if I want to see the cumulative information concerning this process? As an example, a process may see a high spike in CPU Time for 1-2 seconds, and this would be considered on same weight as showing CPU Time not as high for 10-120 seconds..

Is it possible with Perfmon / other utility?

Thanks! 

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you can use Windows Performance Toolkit to view the details on the CPU Time usage. The specific Thread in the process account for the cpu usage and time are shown in Switch-in Time and CPU Usage. It is a useful tool that you can analyze the CPU usage on UI. If you have meet any CPU problems caused by the specific process, you can trace the process using Windows Performance Recorder when the problem occurs and save as .etl file. Post them on the network drive and share the link here, we can help do more research.

Here is the link that you can download ADK:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

Have you installed Windows Performance Toolkit for viewing CPU usage? If you have any problems on using it, feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 11, 2017 1:22 AM