none
English input method hotkey is not working

Question

• I am using windows 10 and fail to set the hotkey for input method, the situation is like below and has been there for more than a year.

How to repeat the bug:

-- at Language > Advanced Settings > Change language bar hot keys, I have English (United States) and Chinese (Traditional) Changjie.

-- I set Left Alt-Shift 5 for Chinese, and Left Alt-Shift 4 for English. Apply. At this moment it is fine.

-- After sometime of inputing (in terms of several hours), the English settings is removed automatically. When you check it in the above settings window, you will see English's hotkeys becomes (None).

-- Repeated setting, reboot, even including different English keyboards, e.g. international, Canada, etc. Nothing works. The hotkey Left Alt-Shift 4 set to any of these English input will be removed automatically after sometime.

Hope Microsoft can fix this.

Saturday, March 4, 2017 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi lbbl,

As far as I know, that configuration is related to this registry key. We could audit this registry key to find out who will delete that configuration.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CTF\DirectSwitchHotkeys

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 7:16 AM
  • I am testing the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015438), it seems it is trying to fix this problem. I am now testing the hotkey settings and seems to be fine up to now.

Thanks for the quick work.

Monday, April 3, 2017 4:09 PM
  • No it doesn't work at the moment. Seem it is not fixed.

The hotkey I set for english still revert to "None" after sometime.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:10 AM
  • Hi lbbl,

Have you tried to audit the registry key as I suggested before?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 2:59 AM