I get a message that multimedia audio controller has no drivers. I need instructions how to fix this problem Thanks RRS feed

All replies

• Look for the CD that came with the mother board and reinstall the drivers.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:04 PM
  • I have tried EVERY CD I rcvd with my puter, and ALL say that there is no driver?

HELP???

Jimbo

Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:27 AM
  • Sorry...I thought YOU knew what was wrong.  Later..S.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 1:18 AM
  • What:

motherboard ; make model and version ; BIOS revision

sound card ; make model..blahblah

Ram installed

PCI cards installed

SPECIAL NOTE!!! IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT A BIOS IS OR ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH CHANGING SETTINGS IN BIOS DO NOT!!! ATTEMPT THE BIOS CHANGES FOLLOWING.

SWAG without any info:

If it is onboard OR PCI sound and you have 3 or more gigs of ram in up to 3 slots and/or other PCI cards/RAID installed:

disable it in BIOS , start Vista , work around a bit , go to the Motherboards Mfg website and download the latest "Vista" driver for your EXACT motherboard , shut down the PC fully , unplug , wait about a min , re plug , restart , boot into BIOS , re-enable the sound device , save and exit , go into Vista , see if the device is now found and the drivers are detected (check in Device manager)  , if no device is found but you see the device in Device mgr right click on it and try to update drivers with the NEW driver. If that doesn't work make sure you have only 2 sticks of RAM in in slot 1 and slot 2 and try it again!  If it still doesn't work than disable the sound card and get an ASUS Xonar or some other PCI sound device that is FULLY vista compatibile. (NOTE: for PCI card you have to remove the card while the system is shut down as you cannot disable a PCI addon card in BIOS , and ALSO if it is PCI make sure your onboard sound card is disabled in BIOS before doing anything else as 2 sound cards installed is BAD , ALSO if it is a PCI card you will need to get the latest "Vista" driver form who made it , creative labs , ASUS...yada yada)

If the device is detected and the new driver is newer than the one you have on disk , uninstall the device in Device manager removing all drivers , reboot (note: it may/will reinstall part of the old driver at reboot , wait for this to Finnish its ok) ,  THEN if the NEW sound drivers have an installer use it and let it fully install , reboot , IF NO INSTALLER , go to device manager and use "update drivers" and point it to the folder where the new driver is.

Disclaimer:

This is an easy way to TRY to force windows to see a sound device that just stopped working , but chances are that its something else on the PCI bus thats stopping it from working , RAID controller , other PCI cards yada yada , OR just too much RAM for your mobo to handle  in Vista.

This is also JUST MY OPINION and should be taken as such with no warranties and or user guarantees and it MAY NOT A DARN THING , but it is a place to start and has helped me trouble shoot other similar situations.

so take it or leave it but please don't complain about it.....thanks.

PS: more info about your system will go a long way here.

Good Luck.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:59 PM