none
Deployment Rebooting after Computer Information screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm migrating my MDT 2012 installation to a new Server 2012 R2 box. I've got what I think are mirrored copies of MDT 2012 but I'm having a problem getting a Task Sequence to get beyond entering Computer Information. I'm PXE booting a system and MDT 2012 runs and stops at the Computer Information window for me to input a computer name and AD OU information. When I click Next it just reboots. I can't find any logs to look at to figure out what's stopping it from going into the deployment.

Orange County District Attorney

Friday, March 7, 2014 11:26 PM

Answers

• IF you are within WinPE when the machine reboots, then there was some kind of crash.

Press F8, while the F8 cmd.exe window is open WinPE will not be allowed to exit. You can then find the bdd.log in the typical places.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:05 PM

All replies

• are you modifying the customsettings.ini? i've had that problem when setting up different priorities.
    Sunday, March 9, 2014 4:48 AM
  • I copied the customsettings.ini from the old server over to the new server to keep it the same. I'll double check and make sure I didn't leave anything out.

Monday, March 10, 2014 3:11 PM
  • IF you are within WinPE when the machine reboots, then there was some kind of crash.

Press F8, while the F8 cmd.exe window is open WinPE will not be allowed to exit. You can then find the bdd.log in the typical places.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:05 PM
  • Finally got to the bottom of my issue. I was able to dig into the logs on one of the machines and found MDT database connection errors. I had been using TCP/IP instead of Named Pipes in my new connection. Once I changed it back to Named Pipes, everything worked like a charm.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:12 PM