Disable Exchange 2016 Internal Relay RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I setup an Exchange 2016 Server. Everything looks fine except the Exchange 2016 default Receive connector allows internal relay. 

Eg: Two emails eric@abc.com and andrew@abc.com in my domain abc.com. An anonymous user can send emails to andrew@abc.com on behalf of eric@abc.com (no authentication required). But if anonymous user try to send email to jason@condoso.com using eric@abc.com, Exchange will refuse to send it. 

May I know how could I do to restrict user authentication even for emails in the internal domain? I cannot disable the Anonymous users otherwise Exchange server will not receive any emails.

Sajid Ali

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Sajid Ali Ahmed,

You can disable the Anonymous, then create a additional receive connector to receive mails from internet. In this way, you can still receive mails from internet.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:30 AM
  • I have tried doing that, but same problem...

Sajid Ali

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 4:41 AM
  • Hi,

What do you mean about "same problem" and "will not receive any emails"?

Regards, 

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 1, 2018 2:04 AM