none
How long will it take to update a project which is created in the reporting database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm having an event handler which i created a project in the pwa from my login once that is saved it got invoked into my event handler published function.   During the publishing event i need to update some custom field  value in the reporting database .

This i have done through the PSI service.  This was working and updated sucessfully when i update the project which was created earlier. That is passing the project GUID as hardcoded in that function.  When i try to pass the project GUID which is created by pwa just earlier (that is from the event handler parameter e.projectUID) into the update method, is not updating since this updation to the database is taking some delay to refresh the database.  Could any one tell me how can i handler this delay in the mycode.

Thanks ,

Sabitha

Friday, November 28, 2014 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Sabitha,

the issue you are facing is because of the conflict of permissions, event handlers always works through administrative user credentials whereas the project is open in edit mode by the logged-in user. And you are trying to update custom field value at the back end with Administrative credentials, while project queue is in process by logged-in users credentials. 

You will always get queue service errors this way.

The best option is to use Javascript on your PDP, that JavaScript should create project code for you and populate that custom field, it will be pushed to reporting DB once user will save/publish project.

below blog link will give you directions to go ahead with, but for sure the solution to your query is JavaScript.

http://epmxperts.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/generate-unique-id-for-project-using-a-webpart/

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Monday, December 1, 2014 3:45 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any other code snippet is there? Please share the link also .

Regards,

Sabitha

Monday, December 1, 2014 4:54 AM
  • Hi, 

i doubt if there is an exact code snippet available addressing this, but as i suggested its JavaScript which can help you out with this. Paul Mathew has few JavaScript samples on his blog, this will give you further idea about how to utilize JS on PDP.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Monday, December 1, 2014 5:09 AM