Vista corrupt RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I installed SP2 on my Vista notebook, unexpected shutdown crashed my installation.
    I have 1 HD with 3 (C,D & E) partitions, all 3 are visible but partition C is not accessible, I get the message would you like to format this partition. Is there any way to restore my system to previous working date? I tried the following with no result:
    1. safe mode
    2. system restore with DVD but systemrestore can't find OS, when browsing, partiton C is visible but not accessible.

Kind regards.
    Monday, November 29, 2010 1:36 PM

Answers

• Vista is different in the way it sets up. XP copied sector by sector to the hard drive on the fly. With vista, you are actually installing a completed image of  the operating system, although it has been compressed to facilitate the transfer, which is why vista installs so much faster. There is no op system on your C:\ drive until vista setup has completed...you need to re-install.
    "http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/default.aspx ". This is MICROSOFT'S new, FREE, fully automated, anonymous support portal, which can help users resolve windows and other product issues with a few mouse clicks. BOOKMARK THIS SITE, EVERYBODY !!!
    Monday, November 29, 2010 11:02 PM