Duplicate new ticket created emails RRS feed

• Question

• 2 emails are issuing to the user when a new Incident ticket is created - can this be fixed without programming experience.

Myrzo
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:48 AM

All replies

• Did you install the latest cumulative update (currently CU3, provided you are running SCSM 2010 SP1)?
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:14 PM
  • Yes I installed the update to my own local PC but no change

Myrzo
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:09 PM
  • Its probably in the workflow logic.  This generally happens when you have a WF set to run on update and no criteria is listed in "Changed From".
    Allen Anderson Systems Analyst Arizona State University - OKED Knowledge Informatics
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

I too have the same issue, can any one post perminent solution for this.

whenever we Create Incident from Console the end users receives two mails from SCSM.

Rgds

Fayaz

Regds, Fayaz

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:30 AM
  • Take a look at your notification workflow.  If it is setup to run when the incident is updated and there is no criteria listed in the "Changed From" tab this issue will occur.  You would need to re-create the WF to run only when the incident is created and setup your 'Changed To' criteria or setup a relationship subscription to the affected user by editing the XML in your management pack.

edit: I can find some documentation on relationship subscriptions in a bit if you need it.

Allen Anderson Systems Analyst Arizona State University - OKED Knowledge Informatics

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Hi Allen,

I am using when Incident is created and Criteria User Name is not empty..

It is working perfect for web loged incidents, but when we Create Incident on console it send two e- mails...

Kindly send me the documentation if you have, also which XML I have to edit and what are the changes...

Regds, Fayaz

• Edited by FayazYatoo Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:53 AM some small changes
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:52 PM
  • If you can post the xml from the MP that contains your WF we can take a look at it.

Friday, March 2, 2012 4:46 PM