none
Exchange Server 2013: sendind and receiving emails

Question

• Hello 

I'm not very experienced with Exchange 2013 but I have installed Exchange 2013 sp1

I have managed to add users and are able to connect to exchange server but they cannot send email internally and externally when I send email they are stack in Queue Viewer 

Please help me  

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In general, after installing exchange server,you can send and receive internal emails normally.

Please make sure all the related exchange services are running fine.

Try to find some error message in queue viewer.

By default, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 doesn’t allow you to send mail outside of your domain. To send mail outside your domain, you need to create a Send connector.

I suggest you refer to the below link to create a Send connector to send mail to the Internet:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj657457(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,

David 

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:41 AM

All replies

• First, Exchange 2013 SP1 is actually Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update 4 while the latest is CU12, so you're 8 CUs behind.  Before doing anything else, I recommend you update to CU12.  If the problem persists, by all means check back here.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:49 PM
  • Hi,

In general, after installing exchange server,you can send and receive internal emails normally.

Please make sure all the related exchange services are running fine.

Try to find some error message in queue viewer.

By default, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 doesn’t allow you to send mail outside of your domain. To send mail outside your domain, you need to create a Send connector.

I suggest you refer to the below link to create a Send connector to send mail to the Internet:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj657457(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,

David 

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:41 AM
  • could you run?

Get-TransportServer | fl *dns*

If you have external DNS, you have to remove it with Set-TransportServer

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:44 PM