adding an extra email address policy RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have an email address policy for our exchange 2007, with following example domains,

first.last@contoso1.com

first.last@contoso2.com

All email addresses are by default 'Primary SMTP Address' on Contoso1.com but for some users we have manually changed to Contoso2.com. Now I have a situation I need to add another domain contoso3.com for all our users but it will only replace Primary SMTP Address of Contoso2.com and all Contoso1.com will be same it is. 

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, July 26, 2013 3:34 PM

All replies

• When someone updated the users' to @contoso2.com, did they clear the "Automatically Update Email Addrsses Based on Email Address Policy " checkbox?  If that is cleared, then new address policies will not affect those users.

You can reset all of your mailboxes back to to use this policy by using this command:

Get-Mailbox | Set-Mailbox -EnableAddressPolicyEnabled $True

Jim McBee - MVP, MCT, MCSE Using Exchange since the v4.0 beta in 1995 - Blog http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

Friday, July 26, 2013 6:04 PM
  • You can try below cmdlet

New-EmailAddressPolicy -Name "southeast offices" -IncludedRecipients MailboxUsers -ConditionalStateorProvince "Georgia","Alabama","Louisiana" -EnabledEmailAddressTemplates "SMTP:%s%2g@southeast.contoso.com"

Dinesh S.

Friday, July 26, 2013 9:17 PM
  • So you have only one e-mail address policy? I guess it's time to add an 2nd e-mail address policy and make a decision on how to identify the mailboxes that the 2nd policy will apply to.

If, for example, the mailboxes that should have comtoso3.com as their primary SMTP proxy address had a value of "contoso3" in Custom Attribute 1 then a 2nd EAP would be constructed to use @contoso3.com as the primary SMTP address. May that 2nd EAP have a priority that's numerically "less than" the priority assigned to the current EAP.

Obviously, you'll have to modify those mailboxes that you've excluded from having the automatic e-mail policy applied before this will work.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:07 PM
  • Dear Jim McBee,

I tried your advise, it did not affected the ones with cleared 'checboxes' but it did affected other primary ones. I just want to add the new addresses as one of the smtp addresses but not the primary address. Sorry for any confusion

Thanks

Monday, July 29, 2013 9:34 AM