MDT 2013 UPDATE 1 RRS feed

• Question

• is there a way of deploying a solution without connecting to deploy share on a server. I am trying to create a deployment solution that does not involve deployment share on a server. I am looking at deploying a base image, installing any apps and drivers and then sysprep for the end user.
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:12 PM

Answers

• Actually yes you can! I use the USB method quite well. Go here(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45292). It is a wonderful article on MDT in general. It states Surface Pro 3 deployment but the principle is the same and shows you step by step how to import applications, sysprep rules, reference image etc... Good luck!

Friday, August 28, 2015 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes there is. You can chose to use a USB stick or DVD if you want.

What I'd suggest is 

Server:

- Install OS

- Install base apps

- Install generic customisation

- Sysprep

Offline media:

- Deploy base build

- Mini setup

- Driver install

- System specific apps

- Join domain

So you would still use a server + VM for creating your base build but when it comes to the actual deployment it's all done offline. To create the offline media expand Advanced Configuration > Media and then run New Media from there.

The end result will be an ISO to burn to a DVD or a folder with the contents of the ISO which you can copy/paste to a USB stick.

Friday, August 28, 2015 7:53 AM
  • Actually yes you can! I use the USB method quite well. Go here(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45292). It is a wonderful article on MDT in general. It states Surface Pro 3 deployment but the principle is the same and shows you step by step how to import applications, sysprep rules, reference image etc... Good luck!

Friday, August 28, 2015 1:09 PM
  • The only reason I ask for a no server solution is due to the fact that I have no server only a work group, I am assuming you don't need a server when deploying a captured image from a reference computer.

I am still reviewing suggestions prior this post.

Saturday, August 29, 2015 2:58 AM
  • Good Spot, It has given me a refrence for both mbr and uefi. I wish there was a ratings bar you deserve 5 stars.

Cheers

Saturday, August 29, 2015 12:17 PM