Infopath 2003 form upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded an infopath 2003 form in such a way that data in one of the existing field is copied into another new field. Now I want the new field to be present in the sharepoint library and all the data in the old field should be displayed in the new field for all the old form which are already submitted also. This can be done by opening and submitting all the old forms again. But as I am having thousands of forms this would not be a feasible solution. Is there any other way to perform this task.
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Jyothrimai,

I don't know why this works - but it does:

In the library that holds your forms click Actions > Open in windows explorer.  Watch all the InfoPath icons populate, once they all show scroll down and let those populate - repeat all the way through.

It's MUCH better than opening and saving each one (which will also trigger workflows)- the method above will not change the modified date or trigger the workflow.

***For some reason this method does not work on my Windows 7 PC with Office 2010 and IE9.  It does work on my XP, Office 2007, IE8 machine.  We have users on Windows 7 with IE8 and Office 2007 that it works on, but it doesn't work every time and it doesn't always "refresh" all of the forms' properties.  So, best experience is on an XP machine with Office 2007 or 2003.  *Not sure if IE version makes a difference.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:12 PM
  • I am using sharepoint 2003 and I don't see such option under actions. Am I missing something or this version of sharepoint doesn't have that option.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:46 PM
  • I'm not sure why you don't have that option - I had that option even with WSS 3.0.  One thing you can try is to map a network drive to it; when mapping enter your site, i.e.:

http://server/subsite

Then you navigate to the document library folder and open it from there

Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:52 PM