none
Activate eDrive RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Intel Pro 2500 SSD and a ASUS Sabertooth X99 Motherboard with a TPM. How do I activate eDrive to use the drives hardware encryption and have it managed via bitlocker. I have already enabled eDrive on the drive but after installing windows I see that it is not using the drives encryption it is still using software encryption. I have followed the steps provided in http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/ssd-pro-2500-series-edrive-solutions-blueprint. html Any help appreciated.
    • Edited by mconti1985 Friday, September 25, 2015 7:48 PM
    Friday, September 25, 2015 7:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The specific steps for enabling eDrive supported device for Windows are provided by their own manufacturers such as Inter or Sumsun, they might be different or using different software for approach. Make sure you followed the guidance provided by Inter step by step. If it doesn’t work properly, you need to contact with manufacturer for further support.

Meanwhile once Windows is properly installed you’ll most likely need to change some settings to allow Bitlocker to work with a password instead of a TPM module. But you can skip these steps if you do have a TPM module.

Check following article for references

http://www.ckode.dk/desktop-machines/how-to-enable-windows-edrive-encryption-for-ssds/

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 2, 2015 2:57 AM

All replies

• I shall suggest you to update the Firmware of the drive and recheck the issue.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Monday, September 28, 2015 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

The specific steps for enabling eDrive supported device for Windows are provided by their own manufacturers such as Inter or Sumsun, they might be different or using different software for approach. Make sure you followed the guidance provided by Inter step by step. If it doesn’t work properly, you need to contact with manufacturer for further support.

Meanwhile once Windows is properly installed you’ll most likely need to change some settings to allow Bitlocker to work with a password instead of a TPM module. But you can skip these steps if you do have a TPM module.

Check following article for references

http://www.ckode.dk/desktop-machines/how-to-enable-windows-edrive-encryption-for-ssds/

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 2, 2015 2:57 AM