How to move messages sent on behalf of PFME from the personal sent items folder to another public folder. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello at all,
    we have a SBS2011 system (Exchange 2010 + Windows 2008r2) with the latest Service Pack and critical/security updates, in a network of PCs with Office 2010 (Outlook 2010). Some users does not have a personal mailbox for sending outside the organization but use Mail Enabled Public Folder and send on behalf of.

For example we have the PFME "SALES" to which is associated sales@mydomain.com mailbox. The user uses the "From" button on Outlook 2010 when creating a new mail message and uses sales@mydomain.com

The e-mail that he send it remains in his personal “sent item” folder. We would like all messages sent "on behalf of" could be moved or copied to another public folder called “SalesOut”. Unfortunately PFME not have an account reference so I cannot use the system of rules in sending; better would be to use a transport rule in exchange .

How can I achieve the automatic move of messages from personal sent item folder to another public folder for all messages sent "on behalf of" public folder mail enabled?

Thanks

Roberto

Saturday, October 25, 2014 5:19 PM

All replies

• You have posted in an Exchange 2013 forum.  The Exchange previous versions forums are here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserverlegacy

You would have to write a script to do what you want to do.  I do want to share with you that what you're doing by using public folders as a form of individual mailbox is very nonstandard.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:01 PM
  • Ok, thanks for information about forum Exchange 2010.
    About my request, after reading many articles on the internet, I realized that the right way is to use the "Shared Mailbox" that should solve my problem in an elegant way without writing additional code. What do you think about this?
    Thanks again

Roberto

Monday, October 27, 2014 7:42 AM
  • That would work better for you, yes.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, October 27, 2014 9:18 AM