Outlook rule to move a mail from a member of nested distribution group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Would like to a  send a copy and move the incoming emails from member of nested distribution group (Say "Main").  

The member is a part of a hidden distribution group (say "Hide") The distribution group - "Hide" is nested under "Main" distribution group.

Hence I created the following rule 

Apply this rule after message arrive from "Main" forward it to "Support Level 2" and move a copy to the "Task" folder

However the rule is not working always and looks like I need to keep the Outlook client always ON in my desktop.

Did anyone experience this issue? Appreciate your guidance. Thanks

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>However the rule is not working always and looks like I need to keep the Outlook client always ON in my desktop.

It looks like you created a client side rule, which will require Outlook to be running to make sure the rule works. However, the rule conditions and actions do not seem to be a client side one. Do you have any other conditions or actions added in the rule?

Did you get some prompting like below when finishing creating the rule?

See more information about client side rule and server side rule:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/outlooking/2015/05/01/client-side-vs-server-side-rules/

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, April 21, 2017 1:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:54 AM