Sharepoint publishing in UAG... how to allow inbound smtp? RRS feed

• Question

• We have our on-premise SharePoint published in UAG and have been using it for some time. we recently moved our on-premise Exchange 2007 to Exchange online (O365).   After moving exchange, our SharePoint email workflows no longer work, I assume because there are no inbound smtp rules in UAG to SharePoint. How can I enable inbound SMTP for our on-prem SharePoint farm?  I'm thinking this would be done via TMG on the UAG array manager box? if so will it sync up with the other node? please assist; I don't want to mess up my UAG config. Our 2010 UAG (sp3) is set up as a 2 node array. I think TMG is sp2.

Bret

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:34 PM

All replies

• You're in luck... :)

That is actually one of the few supported scenarios to use TMG with when it is installed as part of UAG:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee522953.aspx#BKMK_SupportedConfig

Configure it on one node and it will replicate to the other, be careful to place to rule as the first rule and not within the UAG "rule block". Looking in the Firewall Policy node in the TMG MMC, you'll understand what I mean.

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:59 AM