none
Enabling Replication - GUI stuck in a loop RRS feed

• Question

• I've configured Hyper-V replication between two clusters using replication brokers on both sides.

When configuring replication for a VM the gui is stuck in a loop on the first screen (Specify Replica Server). After entering the fqdn of the replica server the "Verifying configuration" popup flashes in what appears to be an infinite loop.

I can successfully configure replication using powershell, but I'd like to get the GUI working too.

Anyone have an idea on how to troubleshoot this?
    Thx in advance - M.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:57 PM

All replies

• You'll find more clustering experts over here in dedicated forum.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverClustering

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 7:44 PM
  • This is not a clustering problem.
    Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:53 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any error message about GUI stuck?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Friday, June 26, 2020 1:52 AM
  • The GUI is not stuck - the verifying configuration keeps popping up in what appears to be an infinite loop.

I tested on multiple different computers (using Hyper-V and Cluster MMCs), so I'm assuming the target platform is returning something that causes the verification to restart - ?? Just guessing here, as mentioned I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this.

Friday, June 26, 2020 5:39 PM
  • I will do some more research about this, and i will back if i have any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Friday, July 3, 2020 1:45 AM