Wireless Multi-Media 1.1 keyboard and mouse problems. Help please! RRS feed

• Question

• Hey:

I just purchased two new "Multi-Media Wireless Keyboards 1.1 and they are driving me nuts. Did the install and when we work in our office side by side, they stall or won't work right. If one of us is typing the other persons key board and/or mouse is like it is on drugs.. I have put in new batteries, unplugged the devise from the computer and it is still happening. We have Vista Home/Student 64 bit, work about 5 feet apart in the office. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and take care

Dan

Friday, November 28, 2008 11:16 PM

All replies

• Dan

When you are using multiple wireless hardware devices and they are in close proximity, you need to configure the devices to use different channels to transmit and receive their commands.

I don't use these particular devices, but I'm sure you will find the instructions for configuring the transmission or receiving channels in the documentation that came with the keyboards or the help file for the software that came with the devices.

Microsoft Hardware Mouse and Keyboard – Home Page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/default.mspx

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Saturday, November 29, 2008 6:17 PM