none
temp profile fails to flush RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have used STK, SS2.0 and SSbeta. Currently using SSbeta and am pleased but I have encountered the same issue in all builds. The issue is w/ locked accounts and the failure of the tools to correctly flush/remove the temp profile upon logoff or reboot. What happens is two things, either the profile will not load (error message cannot locate profile xx followed by many numbers and a computer icon) or it loads the profile but not the lockdown one. (looks similar but all licenses have to be reaccepted, and everything has a gray/metallic tint to it) The way I resolved this issue in the past was to login as an admin and then manually delete the temp profile folder which solved the problem. But w/ SSbeta I cannot delete the temp folder b/c of the error "ntuser.man in use by another program". (assume SS).

Anyhow just curious if this is a known bug and if so any solutions? Perhaps adding the userhive cleanup will solve the problem? (it was required w/ STK and could always delete the temp folder when needed). These computers are in a busy setting and are logged off/rebooted many times a day and this problem occurs on average about once a week and has occurred at some point with every computer. More annoying than anything but would love to not have to deal w/ the bug.

Thanks for the forum most helpful.
    Friday, March 7, 2008 9:28 PM

Answers

All replies