windows installer RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot fix windows installer service. What can I do?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:11 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:09 AM

All replies

• Just to be clear you are talking about Windows Installer and not Windows Modules Installer.

Click Start - All Programs - Accessories - Right click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. Type (or copy the below lines and one blank line underneath and right click in the command prompt window and choose Paste). This will start the dependent services in the correct order. Then turn it on once started.

If you get an error message you can copy it by right clicking the window, choosing Mark, selecting the text, and press enter.
    sc start DCOMLaunch
    sc start RpcSs
    sc config msiserver start= auto
    sc start msiserver</PEW>

--
    --
    "qs2000" wrote in message news:f9e4b1b9-6138-47dc-aa04-5eba587f405b...
    I cannot fix windows installer service. What can I do?

David Candy
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 12:37 AM
  • Fixed typo in commands to be typed

Just to be clear you are talking about Windows Installer and not Windows Modules Installer.

Click Start - All Programs - Accessories - Right click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. Type (or copy the below lines and one blank line underneath and right click in the command prompt window and choose Paste). This will start the dependent services in the correct order. Then turn it on once started.

If you get an error message you can copy it by right clicking the window, choosing Mark, selecting the text, and press enter.
    sc start DCOMLaunch
    sc start RpcSs
    sc start msiserver

--
    --
    "DavidMCandy" wrote in message news:60a36982-c963-4ed8-8b9e-c3b39895cf47...
    Just to be clear you are talking about Windows Installer and not Windows Modules Installer.

sc start DCOMLaunch
    sc start RpcSs
    sc start msiserver</PEW>

--
    --

David Candy

David Candy
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 12:40 AM
  • Click Start - All Programs - Accessories - Right click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. Type Regedit and File menu - Import and import msiserver_vista_32.reg from.

It should work on 64 or 32 bit vista.

Reboot.

sc start DCOMLaunch
    sc start RpcSs
    sc start msiserver

--
    --
    "DavidMCandy" wrote in message news:15a7bf03-fa13-47ac-a1a3-c5d8a886b3c6...
    Fixed typo in commands to be typed

sc start DCOMLaunch
    sc start RpcSs
    sc start msiserver

--

--
    "DavidMCandy" wrote in message news:60a36982-c963-4ed8-8b9e-c3b39895cf47...

sc start DCOMLaunch
    sc start RpcSs
    sc start msiserver</PEW>

--
    --

David Candy

David Candy

David Candy
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:48 PM