Family Safety User Account Controls RRS feed

• Question

• My children each received a (Windows 8)laptop for Christmas. Just this weekend I updated to Windows 8.1 on each and have set them up with live accounts and turned on Family Safety. 

On one of the laptops, while signed in as my daughter, if I try to do anything that isn't allowed by the child account, it prompts for my (the parent)'s password.  On the other laptop, while signed in as my son, it just blocks the action and says to "contact your system administrator". Once I log in as myself, I can do the action. 

I'd actually prefer the option that asks for my password rather than the straight blocking, but I cannot find the setting that makes this change. I've looked through both laptops side by side to see if the settings are different, but many of the things I click on for my son's laptop are blocked, where as anything like that on my daughter's just prompts for my password. 

Does someone know where this setting is and how I make changes to it?

Thanks

Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For this problem, first of all, please check your son's account type, make sure it is Child Account. After that, login to family website below to check your account settings if there something wrong.

https://familysafety.microsoft.com/?wa=wsignin1.0

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:38 AM
    Monday, August 18, 2014 10:49 AM