2 factor authentication for SharePoint Server 2007 publishing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All
    I need to publish SharePoint Server 2007 using 2-factor authentication (certificate for computer and FBA for user). Does ISA or TMG provide this functionality or not?
    MCSA, CCNA
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

As far as I know, we can use ISA 2006 SharePoint publishing functionality and its ability to authenticate users with certificates and form-based authentication (FBA).  For more information, you may refer to the following article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc268368.aspx

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 8:30 AM
  • You cannot combine machine and user authentication in ISA (or any other server application, for that matter).
    What you can do if you want to limit access from trusted computers is to configure IPsec on the ISA Web listener IP and the allowed computers.
    Jim Harrison Forefront Edge CS
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

As far as I know, we can use ISA 2006 SharePoint publishing functionality and its ability to authenticate users with certificates and form-based authentication (FBA).  For more information, you may refer to the following article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc268368.aspx

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 8:30 AM
  • You cannot combine machine and user authentication in ISA (or any other server application, for that matter).
    What you can do if you want to limit access from trusted computers is to configure IPsec on the ISA Web listener IP and the allowed computers.
    Jim Harrison Forefront Edge CS
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:16 PM
  • Thanks Nick, Jim
    I found and read this doc earlear, but in them i cannot find that what i need... but i understand direction in which i should work ))
    After few days of experiments with rules and config i success. First part of work completed. Second part is implementing SSO for domain and non-domain computers, when they access RD Web Access (Server 2008 R2) form internal network and form internet without prompting any credentials other then in FBA (access form internet) and log-in to computer (internal network). After enabling integrated authentication in IIS i could can see published programs on RD Web Access page, but whet i try to launch any program i'll prompted for credentials, but i what to use my current credentials
    MCSE: Security, CCNA
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:12 AM