none
Subdomain was converted to host record RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have strange problem with our Windows DNS  Records. For Example, If I create pear.local.com Subdomain and set a few a records with only IP (without name). After few days this A Record show directly under local.com and the pear.local.com Domain is no more visible. We have Window 2012 R2 Domain Controller with domain integrated zone. Sorry for my bed English, it’s so good as google translator, I hope you will understand my question.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

>>After few days this A Record show directly under local.com and the pear.local.com Domain is no more visible.

Does this A record still a blank entry or it turns to 'peer'?

This may be the point:

And we suggest you to enable DNS debug logging and DNS Zone Auditing,and check them to find out who or which delete and create the entry.

REF:Using server debug logging options

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc776361(v=ws.10).aspx

Auditing a DNS Zone

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yuridiogenes/2008/03/05/auditing-a-dns-zone/

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:39 AM

• Does this A record still a blank entry or it turns to 'peer'?

It turns to 'peer'.

I have create this Subdomain  pear.local.com again and all pear A records was automatic moved back to this Subdomain. I will turn on Auditing Logs, so if this domain will again disappear, I hope it will be logged.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:43 AM

• HI,
    Come back if you get something new,and feel free to ask here.
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:10 AM