none
I need an integrated "web portal" with active directory

Question

• Hi Guys,

I have deploying website, I decision using active directory for authentication/authorization/account(user store) for this website.

At now I need a web portal that it is full integrated with active directory. 

I want my public users can self-register to active directory through this web portal, and for authentication/authorization use the active directory. Actually I want this portal use the active directory's user store (DB) for add/edit users or like mirror status between user store (DB) either active directory and web portal. 

Note: I know, i shall use AD LDS for relation between AD and portal, and I should not directly connection between either.

Note2: FIM/MIM isn't correct solution for this scenario. Link

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can also look at  SSO Single Sign-on Using ADFS

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Monday, January 23, 2017 11:36 PM
  • You can use FIM to achieve this or have a developed functionality on your portal that will perform the self registration/data sync between your DB and AD.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 12:59 AM
  • Have a look at Adaxes Web UI for AD. Practically, you can customize it to resemble any set of AD related tasks that you want to give out to users (add/edit users, add/remove to groups, self service tasks, etc.)

http://www.adaxes.com/active-directory_web-interface.htm

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:24 AM
  • Hi Ahmed and thanks again.

FIM is OK? because this product is very old (2010) and I think stop stream update from Microsoft.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:14 AM
  • Hi Thameur,

Thank you for your reply, but I should solving my problem about user store before thinking about SSO.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:17 AM
  • Hi Kuingul,

Thank you for your reply,

I think Adaxes don't have any solution about self-registration by public users.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:18 AM
  • You can set up a public account in the web ui that will have just a  "create new user" option. Is that what you mean?
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:05 PM
  • Hi kuingul,

Thank you for your reply,

I want end public users can register by themselves. I don't want register to them. (Self-Registration)

Note: when you want to use the google services, fill the register form on google website by yourself.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:30 PM