none
Windows 8 Pin to Start - No option to Pin to Start on a web shortcut? RRS feed

• Question

• The options not there, is on folders or programs etc. But on a web shortcut with the icon I want to actually appear on the Start Screen nothing.

Why?

How do I set an icon for a web shortcut made from the Touch IE?

Maybe it's the 30 degree room I'm sitting in or the ENTIRE FUCKING DAY spent configuring a single Windows 8 Tablet, dealing with all this nightmare BS... BUT FUCK YOU MS. Forcing us to have an MS Account for touch apps, Taking away fucking options and features, Having a BROKEN system (fucking uninstall Mail. Cant reinstall, its fucking NO WHERE), FUCKING MY ENTIRE DAY UP JUST TO GET A FUCKING TABLET WITH SKYPE AND EMAIL WORKING? FUCK YOU.

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:51 AM

Answers

• Use this tool to pin ANY kind of files to the startscreen:

Pin to 8

http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.140

With our Pin to 8 you will able:
    • to pin ANY file regardless of its type;
    • to pin ANY folder;
    • to pin drive;
    • to pin Control Panel items, all them including some hidden like God Mode/All Tasks, Network Connections;
    • to pin Libraries;
    • to pin Shell Objects like Run command, "Show Desktop", Window Switcher;
    • to pin any folders or files with drag and drop. Drop them on application window.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:29 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Use this tool to pin ANY kind of files to the startscreen:

Pin to 8

http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.140

With our Pin to 8 you will able:
    • to pin ANY file regardless of its type;
    • to pin ANY folder;
    • to pin drive;
    • to pin Control Panel items, all them including some hidden like God Mode/All Tasks, Network Connections;
    • to pin Libraries;
    • to pin Shell Objects like Run command, "Show Desktop", Window Switcher;
    • to pin any folders or files with drag and drop. Drop them on application window.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:29 AM
    Answerer
  • You can pin web shortcuts from the IE (metro app) to the Start Screen ... while IE (desktop app) "pins" or places shortcuts in the favorits folder.

Definitely confusing ...

Using a web shortcut from the Start Screen may thus imply you would want to start the metro app of Internet Explorer. But I am not sure.

I certianly hope Microsoft will fix this blowing of IE into oblivion.

But OK - you're only running Metro. So that's great released from the two kinds of IE.

So then you just from IE in your tablet RT save the favorite - and it appears as a pin on the Start Screen. Just what you want ... but I had problem getting used to i.e. I am the kind of guy having 1000 of favorits (i.e. just research - but guess those in a proper use case should not be marked as favorites ... but automatically go somewhere else than pinned to the Start Screen ... but where is that functionaly ... yet to come ...)

Monday, December 10, 2012 3:16 PM