Lost CD key, any help? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, well i downloaded vista beta 2, they gave me a cd key on an internet page, i used it and boom it worked,,then a few months later RC1 comes out,,so i dl it,,cant find my key so i install hopeing it would see my cd key of my beta 2 CD key...and it did not.

and now i got about 4 days left and i dont know wat to do, i have no idea were to get a New CD working key. i dont think microsft will send me another one,,i tried dling it agian but it said maximum dl's..i had to try it a few times cuz first few cd didnt work,,last one did,, anyways...

i need a cd key that will work,,can anyone help me? like any idea how to get another one form microsoft or someone get a legal one that will work...

does anyone one have any ideas?
    Pleasee help me...please....
    I know i was not suppost to but i have extreamly important things on my comp and im not getting a 100gig hardrive untill next week,,7 days,i dont have that long..please help me

Thank you.
    Friday, September 15, 2006 1:45 AM

All replies

•  VistaCC wrote:

and now i got about 4 days left and i dont know wat to do, i have no idea were to get a New CD working key.
    [....]
    I know i was not suppost to but i have extreamly important things on my comp and im not getting a 100gig hardrive untill next week,,7 days,i dont have that long..please help me

The CPP is public again since yesterday, so re-registering for a Key and the Iso is possible again to everybody.

Also you should have received a E-Mail containg your already registered Product-Key when RC1 was anounced last week.

Secondly : when you have such importent data - why do you take the risk and use them with a Techbeta-OS ?

burn your data to disks or put it on a USB-Stick- load them up to a Server, use Windows- own backup tools or get products like Acronis TrueImage/ Norton Ghost and the like. And do it regulary.One can not say this often enough.

A Harddrive is a delicate mechanical part, that can stop working literally any minute.It happened twice to me without a warning.

But sometimes it is a good lesson to have dataloss, next time you will prepare sooner.

Especially if you are interested in the latest OS it is the first rule to backup everything.

SBJ

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:08 PM