Weird things happening in Word 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Office 2007 from disks I purchased several years ago. Everything worked fine until the last year or so. Now I have the strangest things happening. For example, every time I open a Word document, two pages open: one with the typical white page for entering text and another with the home/insert, layout, etc., ribbon but no white page. When I close out of the page with the white area for entering text, the blank one stays open. Also, often when I open files, things have been changed. In a file in which I have inserted centered lines to separate one section of text from another, there are now two lines and I have to go through and delete the second one. These are just two things that have been happening; there are many more, but you get the idea.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office from the disks several times, but nothing changes. I have also installed it on another computer, and the same weird things are happening. I would assume that the disks are corrupted except that on the second computer, I copied and pasted a couple hundred files from the first computer, so I'm wondering if it's possible that the weird behavior was "imported" from those files. Other than using them to install Office a few times, the disks are never used, so I'm not sure what the source of the corruption would even be. I spend way too much time correcting things that have changed on their own or trying to get around things like read only files, which I didn't create, and I'm really tired of it. Is there a way I can tell if my disks are corrupted? I like Word 2007 and really don't want to upgrade. Thanks!

P.S.

I don't even know what GigJam is. I simply wanted help with Word. It would be helpful if help sources were explained a little more. Thanks again.

Pegi Bevins

Monday, March 5, 2018 5:25 PM