Why does windows shutdown takes forever while linux shutdowns within 5 seconds? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just curious about the windows (7) shutdown process. why can't developers bring like a 5 sec shutdown? . I know that running a tons of service makes it slow, but still this is too much I think.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:29 PM

Answers

• Sir, Now I Understand , You can't Reducing the time , because Windows Not Like Linux , Linux have a Limited Application and Software , if you installed a 10 software in Linux will be take times like Windows when shutdown.

*also you can ask the Developer of Windows here :http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winforms/threads

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:38 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 9:45 PM

All replies

• Sir , you can go to :

Start --> Run --> CMD --> shutdown -s -t 5

-s : shutdown

-t : time

5 : 5 second 

you can change the second also :)

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:10 PM
  • and you can create a Notepad file put the code " shutdown -s -t 5 " into the file and save as .Bat file , by double clicking on it you machine will shut down after 5 second.

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:14 PM
  • Hi,

Just curious about the windows (7) shutdown process. why can't developers bring like a 5 sec shutdown? . I know that running a tons of service makes it slow, but still this is too much I think.

Hi, Just trying to get more clarified question that I can respond to. Are you referencing the time it takes from clicking shut-down - Complete power down. Or the time Las D. Rashid is referencing to?
    The answers/solutions that I provide are from personal experience. They are as is and come with no warranty.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:05 PM
  • Hi,

Hi, Just trying to get more clarified question that I can respond to. Are you referencing the time it takes from clicking shut-down - Complete power down. Or the time Las D. Rashid is referencing to?
    The answers/solutions that I provide are from personal experience. They are as is and come with no warranty.
    Hi. I'm referring the time it takes from clicking shut-down - Complete power down. Mr.Las D.Rashid misunderstood my question. Thanks.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:37 PM
  • Sir, Now I Understand , You can't Reducing the time , because Windows Not Like Linux , Linux have a Limited Application and Software , if you installed a 10 software in Linux will be take times like Windows when shutdown.

*also you can ask the Developer of Windows here :http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winforms/threads

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:38 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 9:45 PM
  • Thanks Mr.Las D.Rashid. But I haven't experienced any slow in shutdown in linux! I know both are different. Have tons of apps in linux and shutdown the PC and it will shutdown as normal. 

Thanks for the developer link. I will surely make a question there :)

Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:46 AM