Issue with update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) (KB4464593) RRS feed

• Question

• Experts,

Please let us know if there are any global issues reported with regards to this SFB KB4464593. As we are experiencing skype crashing issues with the error Lync has stopped working.

we have already tried the workaround as per the below link

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Users/Update-KB4464547-Crashes-Skype-at-Login/td-p/615608

Is there any fix available for this issue? Is this a recommended fix to roll back to previous  build?

Regards, Shanker Kumar

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 5:16 AM

Answers

• MS has found the reason the crash.

Please check the version of DLL file lyncDesktopResources.dll.

If the version of out dated, then we need to replace this with the updated DLL file.

we are currently testing this and will share further findings.

Regards, Shanker Kumar

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shanker Kumar Monday, December 2, 2019 4:47 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 11:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Shanker

How many users got this problem?

What is the OS version of the client machine?

Did you install both KB4464593 and KB4464547?

In my lab, I don’t get the crash issue after installing KB4464593 for now. It is recommended to do a restart after the installation.

In addition, check the registry configuration in the thread to see if it works.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:31 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Shaw, about 50+ users have reported this issue so far, currently we have opened a case with MS. Awaiting for the findings from MS. Will keep this post updated.

Regards, Shanker Kumar

Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Hi Shanker,

Thanks for your reply, if there is any update, feel free to drop us a note.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 14, 2019 7:52 AM
  • MS is yet to come up with a solution Shaw, I will update this thread when I get an update from MS

Regards, Shanker Kumar

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, June 24, 2019 6:09 AM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:29 PM
  • I look forward to your kind response.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:21 AM
  • I have the same issue, all users had install this update client crash

Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:24 AM
  • MS has found the reason the crash.

Please check the version of DLL file lyncDesktopResources.dll.

If the version of out dated, then we need to replace this with the updated DLL file.

we are currently testing this and will share further findings.

Regards, Shanker Kumar

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shanker Kumar Monday, December 2, 2019 4:47 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 11:14 AM
  • Hi Shanker,

Thanks for your sharing. It is helpful.

Meanwhile, you could mark your reply as an answer, it would help others who have the similar scenario.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Friday, June 28, 2019 6:41 AM
  • Hello All,

We are also facing the similar case . Could you please eleborate on the Fix . Any help will be really appreciated

Regards

Arunab Sharma. .

Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:08 AM